Hydrochloric acid, or hydrogen chloride, is a very strong mineral acid that can be used in a variety of industries. This acid is also known as salt ink. Hydrochloric acid is obtained from chemical products. Salt inks can be obtained by combining hydrogen chloride in water.
Hydrochloric acid is a colorless substance, but in some cases it turns slightly yellow at room temperature. The smell of this acid is irritating. Corrosive and non-flammable are other unique features of this material. Different concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available and produced. But volatility is very high in high concentrations of this substance, so it is a little difficult to produce high concentrations of hydrochloric acid.
Applications of hydrochloric acid
This material has many applications in various industries. The most important of these applications are the following.
- Steel washer is one of the most important applications of salt ink.
- The construction industry is one of the industries that uses a lot of this acid. This material can be used in the manufacture of steel to produce bridges.
- The automotive industry is another important industry that uses hydrochloric acid to produce automobiles and primary parts.
- Production of food by salt ink is one of the important and basic uses of this acid. For example, it can be found in many food ingredients.
- Hydrochloric acid is used to purify salts.
- Acidification is another important application of this substance. Acidification of oil wells is one example of acidification.
- Acidity regulation is another application of salt ink. For example, to control the pH in a variety of foods, water, pharmaceutical products, etc., salt ink should be used.
- The textile industry is another industry that uses this acid for its products. Bleaching clothes, tanning all kinds of leathers, leather processing, etc. are done by this material.
- This material can be used to remove impurities and rust.
- Fireworks can be made with this acid.
- The home appliance industry is one of the most important industries that uses hydrochloric acid to produce some of its products.
- One of the applications of this material is its use in home cleaning. For this purpose, salt ink is used in diluted form. Cleaning bathrooms, kitchen tiles, etc. are the most important applications of this case.
Risks of hydrochloric acid
Hydrochloric acid can be recognized as a toxic substance. Dust from this substance may contain hydrochloric acid. This acid is highly corrosive and can be dangerous to living organisms. This dust is known as acid smoke. This dust and smoke can pose irreparable dangers to living organisms.
People who deal with this substance must use safety equipment and devices. Eyeglasses, pvc gloves, rubber gloves, safety masks, clothes resistant to acids and chemical products, etc. are among the most important of these equipments. If you do not use these items, there are serious risks to the skin, eyes and their breathing.
As we mentioned, hydrochloric acid is very corrosive, so it should not come in contact with people’s skin in any way. If salt ink comes in contact with the skin, it can burn the skin and destroy it. If this substance is sprayed on people’s eyes, it can cause vision problems or even blindness and blindness in people.
Other important safety factors in the field of hydrochloric acid include its inhalation and inhalation of dust. If people do not use masks for working with chemicals, inhaling the smell of this substance can cause serious problems for the throat, stomach, mouth, breathing, esophagus, etc. Respiratory diseases are one of the most important and common problems related to hydrochloric acid.
The US Food and Drug Administration has stated that some beverages, foods and snacks contain small amounts of salt ink in their raw materials. But because it is so small, it does not cause problems for people. Because the hydrochloric acid in them is neutralized during digestion and does not cause problems.
Great care must be taken in the storage of this acid to avoid further dangers and safety. Because hydrochloric acid is corrosive, it should be stored in a suitable container. Containers made of pvc or polyvinyl chloride can be the best option for storing hydrochloric acid or salt ink. In addition, in general, plastic containers can be a good option for storing and accumulating this material. Under no circumstances should metal containers be used to store this acid because it is highly corrosive.
About Alka Exir Trading
One of the successful companies in the field of chemical industry is Alka Elixir Trading, which is a manufacturer of factory raw materials. Due to the high quality of the products, this company has been able to attract many factories and produce their raw materials. Its high quality is due to engineers and experts who have high skills. Alka Elixir Trading supplies raw materials for various industries such as pharmaceuticals, food, cosmetics, etc.